When it comes to learning, A lot of people say, “ I am not good at learning, or I am poor at memorizing things. “ There is no such thing as a good or bad memory. “ There is just a trained memory and an untrained memory.
Learning is about showing up and play full out. According to super memory coach Jim Kwik, there are 6 keywords to learn faster.
6 keywords to learn subjects faster and smarter
- 1. Believe
- All behaviours are beliefs driven. Your brain is like a supercomputer, and your self-talk is the program to make it run. You have to monitor your self-talk and guard your mind. Some people say ‘’I can’t focus’’, you may be surprised that Focus is not something you have; it’s something you do. Energy is not something you have; It’s something you do. Memory is not something you have; It’s something you do.
- You need to rewire the way you talk to yourself so that you can exceed the limitations.
- 2. Exercise
- Physical exercise. As your body moves, your brain grows.
- 3. Forget
- If you want to learn any subject faster, it is to forget. A lot of people don’t learn faster, because they thought they know it already. That is also called “ the all-known ego.” You have to empty your cup so that you can learn.
- 4. Active
- Be active. Learning is not a spectator sport. You need to get involved. Your mind doesn’t learn from consumption information; your mind learns from creation in it. You write notes, and you ask questions so that you can learn.
- 5. State
- All learning is state-dependent. A lot of times, people are not even in the state of learning. The state that you feel back in school was mostly bored or confused. You don’t want to learn in a bored state. Control your state. The highest level of states is peace, love, gratitude, joy, and compassion. You need to train your emotional state to be able to learn faster. Same as body muscle, you got to exercise and build mental muscle with nutrition, so that you can adjust quickly.
- 6. Teach
- Learn the intention to teach someone else. When you teach something, you get to learn it twice. Your focus would be better.
If you are interested to know more about learning, there are more practical ways to help you learn better. Click on the link below to my next article: